Sender does not support mixing of audio sources, but it is still possible to stream multiple audio sources as separate streams.
Sender can be configured with any number of custom streams. For example, it is possible to create a stream containing only an audio track.
The recommended way to stream or record multiple audio sources is to create separate streams for each audio source. When it comes to recording, multiple streams may be selected.
Create an Audio-only Stream
- Navigate to the Settings page and click the Edit Sender Settings button.
- Select the Sender from the list and click Next.
- Click the Add Stream button at the bottom of the page.
Give the stream a name and click Add.
- By default, the stream will be created with a video track.
- Click the + button to the right-hand side of the new stream to add a new track.
Since a video track is created by default, the added track have the audio type.
- For an audio-only stream, click the X to the right-hand side of the automatically created video track to delete it.
- Click Save Changes to save these streams.
Add a Microphone
To set the newly created audio stream to capture the microphone, follow the steps in this article and skip to Change the Audio Track Input to the Microphone, since we have already created an audio-only stream above.